Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Rage on the Stage

I am absolutely thrilled to have been on the cusp of history. I've done it before- I predicted and attended David Cone's perfect game, predicting it down to the score: 6-0. But it took Melissa Greene to channel that power, and utilize it to great effect: First we got Dispatch to come together to play a benefit show this summer, after musing about it. When that happened, I joked: Let's focus on getting my favorite band of all time, Rage Against the Machine, back together.

It was a joke. Three fourths of the band resides in Audioslave, Zack de la Rocha was mostly quiet during his seven year hiatus, releasing a few tracks, and reportedly hoarding far more, even as the political scene spiralled into the kind of scenario that the band raged against for the better part of a decade. Their anger was a gift to a scene that had never seen anything like them, and upon their dissolution in 2000, was never to be seen again...

Until now. Just after our announcement to turn our powers their way, rumors start to swirl, and then Rage is announced to headline the Coachella festival, the same festival they ushered into existence in 1999. Sure, logistically, a festival in California presents some problems- 250 dollar tickets, at least 300 in round trip airfare, not to mention lodging and other expenses. I don't have that money. But I will find that money. Somehow. I'm not really worried with how...

Melissa Greene and I are deeply in love, and that love has manifested itself in many powerful ways. We're changing the world around us through sheer force of will. We're unstoppable.

<3

No comments: